How to Coordinate with Adams County
- If your jurisdiction would like to put a ballot contest or measure on the Adams County 2017 Coordinated Election ballot, please complete our Participation Inquiry PDF and email it to JGaultney@adcogov.org or the Participation Inquiry Survey. Please complete the inquiry of your choice by July 28, 2017.
Participating Entity Responsibilities
- Notify Adams County of your intent to participate.
- Receive, review, and return an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) from Adams County detailing the County and Participating Entities responsibilities for the election. Electronic copy is acceptable.
- Review the detailed street locator letter along with included reports (excel and PDF) of streets in your jurisdiction. If corrections are needed please mark them on the excel attachment.
- File Ballot Content.
- Provide audio recording of candidates name pronunciation to 720.523.6046.
- File TABOR information in required format, if applicable.
- Submit pro/con statements for TABOR.
- Be available from 7am – 7pm on Election Day for voter support.
Key Dates for 2017 Coordinated Election
|Date||Task||Municipality||School District||Special District|
|07/28||Last day to notify Clerk of intent to participate||x||x||x|
|07/31||Clerk supplies Participating Entity with street locator file||x||x||x|
|08/11||Last day to notify Clerk of street locator file discrepancies||x||x||x|
|08/16||Last day to certify street locator file||x||x||x|
|08/29||Last day to sign IGA||x||x||x|
|09/08||Last day for Participating Entity to file ballot content with Clerk||x||x||x|
|09/08||Last day to provide audio recording of candidates’ names 720.523.6046||x||x||x|
|09/15||1st Property owner list due to Clerk||x|
|09/26||Last day to certify TABOR content, if applicable||x||x||x|
|10/06||Supplemental property owner list due to Clerk||x|
|11/07||Election Day – Office must be open 7am – 7pm to assist voters||x||x||x|
Numbering Ballot Issues and Questions
After the Ballot Content is submitted by 09/08/17 by all participating entities, Adams County (or controlling county) will assign a letter and number to your ballot measure(s).
|1A – 1Z||County Issues|
|2A – 2Z||Municipal Issues|
|3A – 3Z||School District Issues|
|4A – 4Z||Ballot Issues and Questions for Cross County Districts|
|5A – 5Z||Ballot Issues and Questions for Districts Wholly Within Adams County|
How to Run for County Office
- Click here to access a manual designed for reference and training purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for legal advice. It is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain the actual knowledge of the campaign finance laws and regulations.
Voter Registration Data
- County voter registration data is available from the Elections Office, located at 4430 South Adams County Parkway, Suite E3102, Brighton, CO 80601. Data is available at no cost in an electronic format emailed by request. Please fill out this Report Request Form. For more information, email Adams.firstname.lastname@example.org.